Wednesday, March 30, 2011

i'm spreading the news ...

remember this awesome Halloween costume idea that i thankfully realized was inappropriate for church trunk o'treats???

well its too bad we won't be at this stage next Halloween:


that is because our little "bun" will no longer be in the proverbial "oven" ... if you know what I mean (wink wink)!

Yes we are having a wee one! And we are so so so excited about it. Its been tough to keep this one under wraps - because I am the WORST at keeping my own secrets (case in point - telling people Nate and I were getting married before he had the chance to tell a few choice family members).

We just saw the little flicker of the heartbeat today and it was magical. We have a follow up next week to get a more accurate idea of how far along we are (our doctor had to rush our appointment due to a patient in labor and ready to deliver) and when our official due date will be (sometime in October).

We are super duper excited to have a baby and feel really blessed that all is going well so far! Yay for babies ... more details to come!

9 comments:

  1. Yay for babies!!!!! So exciting! Congrats. Can't wait to hear what you guys are having.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratuations Bethany! I picked the perfect day to check your blog. We couldn't be more happy for you. Your little baby is so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just going to call you and check on the status!!! I'm so happy for you and absolutely can't wait! I'll call you this weekend and we can chat. Love you! Grow, Baby, Grow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is so perfect! Can't wait to meet the little button. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! So dang exciting! Congrats again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Congratulations!! I'm so excited to see you as a cute little mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHH! I've been waiting for this post. :) You are going to rock the mom scene. So, so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yipee! I'm embarrassed, now realizing that we never responded to the "potluck" invitation, but we did get it! We are so very excited. Super-duper congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was sitting in church two weeks ago with some lady named Linda, you might know who she is. She might have mentioned that you are having a little babe. She also mentioned that this bug has been making you quite sick. EMAIL me my friend. I was SOOOOO sick with Owen. I would cry because I was "sick of being sick." Hopefully you're not sick for too much longer. CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete