Sunday, April 3, 2011

Food Diary of a First Timer

Usually I go to the grocery store once a week ... but pregnancy makes me confused about what I want to eat. I end up not buying enough food that I want to eat on my usual grocery trip and then have to go back again in the week ... totally throwing off my grocery buying schedule. I never know what I will actually end up eating and liking for more than a week. Sheesh.

For my remembrance - foods I like and dislike during pregnancy so far. (Don't judge ... I was trying to just eat anything that sounded good to keep from getting sick)

Yumm =
PB&J sandwhiches
BBQ potato chips (wks 7-10)
Chips & Salsa (wks 10 - 14)
Enchiladas
Thai Food
Any spicy Asian Food
Spaghetti
Mac N Cheese
Hot Dogs (usually no way)
Corn Dogs (again, usually no way)
Grilled Cheese
Chicken Noodle Soup
Pizza - pepperoni and veggie (no sausage)
Bread
hummus (wks 7-10)
pork chops
sweet potato fries

New Yum=
Eggs (wks 10-14)
Caesar Salad (wks 10-14)
Muffins

Yuck =
Italian turkey sausage (which I usually put in spaghetti sauce)
Apples (wks 7-10)
Oranges (wks 7-10)
Pineapple (wks 7-10)
Eggs (wks 7-10)
Most veggies (wks 7-10 thankfully I am back to eating broccoli, peppers, and salad at least)
Popcorn (wks 7-14)
Sweets in general except my favorite Safeway cookies (wks 7-10 and slowly getting over this)
bagels (wks 7-14)
wheat thins (wks 7-14)
fish (I had one craving ... I satisfied it and it was great ... and then I haven't liked the idea since)

Sometimes Yuck - Sometimes Yum=
Orange juice
Ice Cream (right now vanilla based flavors are good - which i usually go for chocolate - cookies and cream is the current favorite)
Lemonade (which I usually love)
Hamburgers

I have noticed that I am really prone to the power of suggestion ... feel free to tell me what was good or bad on your pregnancy list ... I just may want to try it :)

6 comments:

  1. Love the list! I'd have to go back to my similar post from when I was pregnant with Adilay to let you know some of my cravings. A few that I do remember that were SUPER random were airheads and pineapple thai rice. Oh and my mom craved box mashed potatoes, you know the cheap kind you make from potato flakes, haha! It's fun to look back on these lists, you'll be happy you made it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to have sharp cheddar cheese and peanut butter all the time when I was pregnant with Annabelle. Not together! But just some of each everyday. Especially the cheese. Nothing really strong with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally craved different things with different pregnancies. I actually couldn't eat ice cream at the beginning with Aliza. It made me sick (and it's my all time favorite). My advice - for whatever it's worth - don't wait until you are hungry to eat. Snack on things all day. I also really liked smoothies and had to keep frozen fruit on hand all the time.

    Hang in there, kid, it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'M SO BEHIND!!! These last two posts seriously made my day. Congratulations!! Oh, I'm so excited for you. You are going to be such a cute Mom and I loved the story of finding out. That's a memory for sure :) As far as the food cravings thing goes, I'm a terrible person to suggest anything so I think I just won't. They pump me full of hormones during my first trimester that make me STARVING and pretty much anything not good for you sounds fantastic! I hope you start to feel better soon and it does get better :) Once again, a huge Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a craving for Subway last week that was pretty strong. I doubt that it counts though, cause this is Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I have been out of town and I missed the big announcement. Congratulations!!!!!!! I am SOOO excited for you. Pregnancy can be a little tough and annoying, but SO excited looking forward to what the end brings you. I am so happy for you and Nate. Parenthood is the greatest blessing on earth.

    ReplyDelete