Wednesday, November 4, 2009

bat(s), owl, and spider - hanging on a tree ...

We are trying to get to know our ward better and so we try to participate in the activities. Our first major ward event was the Trunk-or-Treat at the ward building the day before Halloween. Nate and I decided to decorate our trunk - nothing fancy or expensive, we just used paper.

While buying trick-or-treat candy at Target I was admiring their cute Halloween decorations ... not overly scary and lame ... but not toooo cutesy either. Basically I fell in love with Skelanimals. Come to find out they are their own thing ... like website and all.

Needless to say I am hook-line-and-sinker in love with these cute little guys. I heart them like a 13 year old ... like the pre-teens they are targeted at. Sigh. Too bad I found out about them the day before ALL-HALLOWS-EVE!


So I decided this would be the theme of our trunk for the ward event. So I did some "grabbing" on my trusty MAC and printed me an Oliver, Timmy, and two Diegos.


Oliver the Owl


Timmy the Spider


Diego(s) the Bat(s)


So yeah. Next year (or some year in the future) I am totally gonna have a Skelanimal Halloween decoration extravaganza ... you know ... when all the hype has died down and they aren't at Target.

Muah-ah-ah-ah (enter creepy and lame laugh.)

All in all it gave me some good ideas ... but really, the trunk-or-treat was sort of a bust. No one else decorated their cars and in general it was a little anti-climatic. Here's to next year!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see the transition! Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know all the Skelanimals stuff is on 75% off sale that they have left at Target. I saw lots of shirts and stuff at ours.

    ReplyDelete